Poll Workers are temporarily employed to:
- process voters using election software on laptops
- issue ballots to voters
- provide voter assistance
- process curbside voters
- conduct crowd control and line managment
- direct in parking areas
- and other administrative duties as assigned
What are the job requirements?
- Must be at least 18* years of age and legally eligible to work in the US.
- Must be available to work the full Election day (approximately 5:30 am - 8:30 pm).
- Must have basic typing and computer skills.
- Must be able to sit and stand for at least two hours.
- Must be willing to work all voting duties, including curbside voting, outdoor voter assistance, and breaking down the site.
- Must maintain confidentiality of voter information and sign a confidentiality statement before being hired.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the voting site.
- Must attend one 3-hour training class.
- Must attend a 1-2 hour staff meeting at the voting site one day before voting begins to set up and discuss assignments.
If you are interested in being considered for a position as a poll worker for the next election day, please complete the poll worker application. The application can be completed and e-mailed to Harnett.firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to our office directly. Please read the requirements before submitting an application.