Fire Prevention/Public Education
The Harnett County Fire Marshal’s Office will provide the following fire prevention training to the residents of Harnett County:
· Hands-On Fire Extinguisher Training
· Residential Fire Prevention
· Commercial Fire Prevention
· Specialized Fire Prevention Training that addresses special hazards for specific age groups and populations (senior fire safety, daycare fire safety, medically fragile population fire safety, etc)
· Smokehouse training for school-aged children (with assistance from the local fire departments)
· Any other specific fire prevention program that would increase public safety within the county.
To request a fire prevention program, contact our office by using the “Contact Us” tab on this website.
Please be specific in the type of training that you require, the time frame in which the program is to be given, and the number of participants that would attend such a program.
NOTE: While the Fire Marshal’s Office provides a live fire simulator and fuel for the hands-on fire extinguisher training, the requesting agency/group is responsible for obtaining fire extinguishers. Contact us with any questions on the type of extinguishers needed as well as how many will be needed.