In conjunction with other Harnett County departments, the Fire Marshal’s Division provides plan review, permitting, and associated inspection services within the County’s inspection jurisdiction for the following items:
- Plan Review for the construction, alteration, additions, and change of use for all commercial occupancies
- Automatic Fire Alarm/Smoke Detection Systems
- Sprinkler/Standpipe Systems
- Fixed Fire Suppression Systems
- Installation/Removal of Underground and Aboveground Fuel Storage Tanks and associated appurtenances.
- Special Assemblies/Displays/Public Festivals (including governmental-sponsored seasonal festivals)
- All pyrotechnic displays including public fireworks displays.
- Tents/Canopy Erections
- Fogging/Fumigation Activities
*We do not provide these services for the City of Dunn and its ETJ. For City of Dunn permitting, Click Here.
Any questions or concerns regarding permitting, plan review or special inspections should be directed to Chief Deputy Fire Marshal at 910-893-7580.