Plan Review/Special Inspections
In conjunction with other Harnett County departments, the Fire Marshal’s Office provides plan review, permitting, and associated inspection services within the County’s inspection jurisdiction (not including the City of Dunn and its ETJ) for the following items:
· <!--[endif]-->Plan Review for the construction, alteration, additions, and change of use for all commercial occupancies
· <!--[endif]-->Automatic Fire Alarm/Smoke Detection Systems
· <!--[endif]-->Sprinkler/Standpipe Systems
· <!--[endif]-->Fixed Fire Suppression Systems
· <!--[endif]-->Installation/Removal of Underground and Aboveground Fuel Storage Tanks and associated appurtenances.
· <!--[endif]-->Special Assemblies/Displays/Public Festivals (including governmental-sponsored seasonal festivals)
· <!--[endif]-->All pyrotechnic displays including public fireworks displays
· <!--[endif]-->Tents/Canopy Erections
· <!--[endif]-->Fogging/Fumigation Activities
7 to 10 business days. Fire Marshal’s Office staff will review and submit the plans back to Central Permitting (along with associated permits and plan review letter) in which the customer will then pick them up and pay any associated fees.
Once plan review has been completed, the permit holder will need to contact the Fire Marshal’s Office directly to schedule any required special inspections (to include but not limited to sprinkler system special inspections, fire alarm inspections, above ceiling inspections, etc).
It is important to note that all Fire Marshal associated inspections must be scheduled with the Fire Marshal’s Office and not Central Permitting or Building Inspections.
Any questions or concerns regarding plan review or special inspections should be directed to Chief Deputy Fire Marshal at 910-893-7580.