The Friends of the Library is the wonderful group of volunteers who raise funds for special library purchases and projects.
The Friends sponsor many activities. Some of the Friends' activities are:
· Sponsoring Used Book Sales in the lobby, and elsewhere.
· Sale of historical new titles.
· Hosting local history tours of some of the historic areas around the county.
· Supporting author visits.
· Holding special events like the Sunday Concert Series
If you would like to join the Friends of the Harnett County Public Library, you can pick up a membership application at the library. The dues are $3.00 for a year membership or $75.00 for a life membership. Meetings are held in the library meeting room on the 1st Tuesday every other month-- January, March, May, July, September, November at 4:30 p.m. The public is invited to attend.
Officers for 2004:
· Angie DeLozier, President
· Melvie Green,Treasurer
To join: Application form
To order books: Order Form
For more information on the Friends and their activities, call (910) 893-3446 .
|P. O. Box 1149|
601 S Main Street