Interlibrary loan (ILL) is available to Harnett County Public Library patrons as an aid to research and study. Resources not available in the Harnett County Public Library System can be borrowed from other libraries through an interlibrary loan. The following should be noted:
COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS:The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specific conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
- You must have a valid library card in good standing.
- Materials may take anywhere from 1-20 days to arrive.
- There is no charge for book requests.
- Books returned late or damaged may be subject to fines.
- Notification is made by phone or email when items arrive.
- The lending library sets the due date so materials should be picked up as soon as possible.