On September 14, the Harnett County Board of Education announced that schools will reopen for In-Person instruction on Monday, September 28. Students will begin school on an A/B schedule. Families who chose remote instruction will continue with five days of remote instruction. Starting September 28, Harnett County Schools will reopen under the following In-Person instruction schedule:
- In-Person Instruction begins Monday, September 28, on an A/B
- Students assigned to an “A” schedule will attend school on Monday and
- Students assigned to a “B” schedule will attend school on Thursday and
- All Students will be in remote learning on Wednesday for the “deep cleaning” of school
- A/B schedule will conclude on Thursday, October
- Students may continue with five days of remote instruction if they initially chose this
- Families may change their instruction the instructional setting for their student(s) at the following times:
- Students may switch on Monday, September 28, if the school is notified by September
- Students may switch on Monday, October 26, if the school is notified by October
- During holidays and teacher workdays, there will be no in-person or remote
- This schedule currently applies for the remainder of the first quarter (9-weeks).
- Per state law, remote learning is for all students on remote days, identified as “SLR” on the 2020-2021 Harnett County Schools
- NC Pre-Kindergarten program will operate five days a
- Self-contained Exceptional Children (EC) and some special instructional programs (Dual Immersion) may operate in a four-day
Important Calendar Dates:
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25
The final day of remote instruction for all students.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28
First day of in-person instruction for students. The schedule will be on an A/B schedule.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 14
Teacher Workday - No in-person or remote learning.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21
Remote learning for all students to comply with state school calendar requirements.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23
The final day of the A/B schedule (Contingent on entering Phase III).
MONDAY, OCTOBER 26
Five-day in-person instruction begins (Contingent on entering Phase III).