Child Day Care Services
Overview of Child Day Care Program
Using a variety of state and federal funds, subsidized child day care services are available to a large number of eligible families. Based on parental choice, services are provided in various child care arrangements which have been approved to receive child care subsidy funding. Harnett County Department of Social Services, as the local purchasing agency, determines eligibility for families and makes payments for child day care services according to state and federal policies.
Goals of the Subsidized Child Care Program
- Enable parents to maintain or seek employment in order to support their family and achieve economic independence;
- Enable parents to participate in job training or educational programs that will lead to their employment;
- Provide child day care to children receiving protective services;
- Provide child day care to children in need of early intervention to enhance their development; and,
- Facilitate the reunification of families in crisis and prevent foster care.