Current Board Members: The Board holds its regular meeting the last Tuesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. Board meetings take place at the Department of Social Services, Room 243.
Current Board Members:
The Board holds its regular meeting the last Tuesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. Board meetings take place at the Department of Social Services, Room 243.
HARNETT COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
PUBLIC COMMENT POLICY
The purpose of this policy is to facilitate public comment in a fair, consistent, and informative manner.
The Harnett County Department of Social Services Board recognizes the importance and value of public comment on issues of concern and interest to the public and the agency. Comments from the public often provide an invaluable perspective as the Board deliberates upon specific matters and general issues which come before it in the course of business.
1. A period for public participation shall be provided at the beginning of every regular board meeting or at such other time during the meeting as the chairperson deems appropriate.
2. Citizens desiring to make a public comment shall be present by 4:05 p.m. and sign in on a log provided indicating the desire to offer comment.
3. Participants shall be recognized by the chairman following the call for public comment. Each person recognized shall preface their comments by an announcement of their name and group affiliation, if and when appropriate.
4. Each statement made by a participant shall be limited to three (3) minutes duration unless extended by the chairperson.
5. The overall time frame for public comment shall be limited to a total of 30 minutes in duration unless extended by the chairperson.
6. No participant may speak more than once on the same topic.
7. All statements shall be directed to the chairperson; no person may address or question Board members individually.
8. Citizens will be expected to be civil in their language and presentation and not engage in the use of profanity, name-calling, heckling, or verbal outbursts.
9. At the close of a comment, Board members may seek recognition from the Chairperson to ask clarifying questions or comments.
10. The Chairperson will provide direction regarding any follow-up with the speaker or action to be taken about the topic or issue presented.
11. A copy of this policy shall be posted on the DSS website and presented to each citizen when signing the log to participate.
Approved on: 12-14-10
By: Harnett County Board of Social Services
William Gage, Chairman
|P. O. Box 2169|
311 W Cornelius Harnett Boulevard
910-893-6604, 910-893-7587 fax