Harnett County,
North Carolina

Fire Marshal  Visit Fire Marshal on FacebookFind Fire Marshal on Nextdoor

Contact UsCalendar

Operational Permits

Operational permits are REQUIRED for the following in the list below.  Fee schedules are also listed, and are effective July 01, 2020.

Amusement Buildings $75.00

  • To operate a special amusement building.

Carnivals and Fairs  $75.00

  • To conduct a carnival or fair.

Covered Mall Buildings  $75.00

  • Placing retail fixtures, displays, concession equipment, displays of highly combustible goods and similar items. The display of liquid or gas-fired equipment. The use of open-flame or flame-producing equipment.

Exhibits and Trade Shows  $75.00

  • To operate exhibits or trade shows.

Explosives  (Blasting Permit)   72 hrs $100.00     90-day $250.00

  • To manufacture, store, handle, sell, use of any quantity of explosives, explosive material, fireworks or pyrotechnic special effects. Exception: Fireworks allowed by NCGS 14-414.

Flammable and Combustible Liquid  

  • To operate tank vehicles, equipment, tanks, plants, terminals, wells, fuel-dispensing stations, refineries, distilleries and similar facilities where flammable and combustible liquids are produced, processed, transported, stored, dispensed or used.

Fumigation and Thermal Insecticidal Fogging  $75.00

  • To operate a business of fumigation or thermal insecticidal fogging and to maintain a room, vault or chamber in which a toxic or flammable fumigant is used.

Liquid or Gas-Fueled Vehicles or Equipment in Assembly Buildings   $75.00

  • To display, operate or demonstrate liquid or gas-fueled vehicles or equipment in assembly buildings.

Private Fire Hydrants  $75.00

  • To remove from service, use or operation of private fire hydrants. See Fire Code for exceptions.

Pyrotechnic Special Effects Material   $150.00

  • For use and handling of pyrotechnic special effects materials. Exception: Fireworks as described in NC General Statute 14-414. The permit application process must be approved by the Board of Commissioners. Please allow 21-30 days for the approval process.

Spraying or Dipping   $75.00

  • To conduct a spraying or dipping operation utilizing flammable/combustible liquids or combustible powders.

Temporary Membrane Structures, Tents, Canopies   $100.00

  • To operate an air-supported temporary membrane structure, tent greater than 200 square feet or a canopy greater than 400 square feet. See Fire Code for exceptions.

Open Burning   

  • Lot clearing for development


Board of Commissioners
GIS Portal
Register of Deeds Search
Employee Information