Harnett County,
North Carolina

Central Permitting  Visit Central Permitting on Facebook

Contact UsCalendar

Environmental Health

Central Permitting processes applications for On-Site Wastewater Systems and Food, Lodging & Institutions and Daycare Plan Reviews. Your specific project will determine the required applications needed and the process to be followed.

On-Site Wastewater system applications are handled either as a land use application without county sewer availability or as other jurisdictions, i.e., Angier, Erwin, Coats, Lillington or Dunn, requesting this service. The requirements for either type are almost identical except for the jurisdictional requirements. The application process begins in Central Permitting and once applications are processed and fees collected, the applications are electronically forwarded to the Harnett County Environmental Health Department (EnvHlth). After EnvHlth completes their internal processes, the product (Improvement Permits, Operations Permit or Existing Tank inspection) is electronically filed for Central Permitting to access when the customer purchases permits.

Food & Lodging plan reviews are needed for new or existing construction for restaurants, daycares, family care facilities, public pools, hotels etc. These are completed for commercial activities and better explained by contacting Health & Sanitation or Central Permitting. For additional forms not available on our website, please visit their website below or contact their office to obtain applications.

Go to Environmental Health Website

Board of Commissioners
GIS Portal
Register of Deeds Search
Employee Information