Harnett County,
North Carolina

Central Permitting  Visit Central Permitting on Facebook

Contact UsCalendar

Public Utilities

Central Permitting processes applications for new meters as well as new water, sewer or sprinkler taps in Harnett County zoning. Subdivisions must be released before meters can be issued and a plumbing permit is required for a new tap. The tap application must be completed by the landowner and accompanied by a copy of the deed and driver's license or the builder may purchase the tap in their name then the customer would contact Public Utilities directly for a change of responsibility. Other counties or municipalities taping into Harnett County water must be approved and provide a copy of that counties plumbing permit when going to Public Utilities to purchase the tap. For commercial projects please contact Public Utilities directly (910-893-7575) for fees before coming to Central Permitting to purchase new taps.

Go to Public Utilities Website

Board of Commissioners
GIS Portal
Register of Deeds Search
Employee Information