The Harnett County Planning Department offers digital review for minor subdivisions and exempt plats.
How does it work?
Submit a project to the Planning Department by hand or electronically to email@example.com. The project will then be processed and submitted to all applicable reviewing departments. An eTrakit number will be generated and sent to the applicant for monitoring project status, paying review fees, and uploading required documents.
What do I bring/submit?
- A cover sheet complete with a project description, title of project (minor subdivision or exempt plat), name of developer, date submitted, and up to date contact info for the engineer and landowner.
- A soil report (Minor Subdivisions and Recombinations Only).
- A signed affidavit authorizing the surveyor to do work from all parties involved for Ownership and Dedication if surveyor is signing as agent.
- A signed road maintenance agreement if easement improvements are required.
What happens after approval?
- The Final Plat is printed on a 18"x24" map with appropriate surveyor certifications and the landowner's signature.
- The plat is then delivered to the Planning Department by hand, or electronically if using an E-signature service, for final plat approval and signatures.
- The plat is delivered to the E-911/GIS Department for a review officer signature and is then recorded with the Register of Deeds. Both departments are located at 305 W. Cornelius Harnett Blvd. in Lillington.
If you are having trouble viewing or accessing certain information, please contact the Planning Department at (910) 893-7525, option 4.