Harnett County Board of Commissioners held a regular meeting yesterday evening, August 15, in the Commissioners Meeting Room at the Harnett County Resource Center and Library.
Commissioners kicked off the meeting with unanimously approving several action items in the consent agenda. These action items included:
- Adoption of a Resolution requesting NCDOT to add Wynnridge Drive to the State’s Secondary Road System.
- Approval of the reappointment of Lemuel D. Black, District 2, and Carl Johnson, District 4 to the Harnett County Agricultural Advisory Board.
- Approval of the Harnett Regional Water write-offs for the 3rd quarter of 2021 in the amount of $52,737.37.
- Approval for Harnett County Health Department to increase/establish fees that were approved at the July 21, 2022 Board of Health meeting.
- Approval for Harnett County Division on Aging to accept supplemental funding in the amount of $18,043 for the Nutrition Program to provide home-delivered meals and congregate meals to older adults. The original allocation from Mid-Carolina Council of Government Area Agency on Aging was $58,548 allocated from June 1, 2021 through September 30, 2022. These funds were previously approved July 19, 2021. The requested amount is the balance not previously spent.
- Approval for Harnett County Department on Aging to accept $89,568 in American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Funding to support older adults during the COVID-19 Pandemic Nutrition Programs.
- Approval for Harnett County Soil & Water Conservation District to accept Streamflow Rehabilitation Assistance Program funds in the amount of $379,528 from the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and adoption of a project ordinance. No matching funds are required. These funds will be used to clear vegetative debris from identified areas within Neills Creek.
- Approval of Facilities Maintenance vendors for 3-year service proposals.
- Approval of the the Library Lease Agreements between Harnett County, the Town of Angier, Town of Erwin, and Town of Coats. The three leases are part of the Library Consolidation, which began August 1, 2022.
- Approval of the fireworks application from Pyro Shows East Coast for a series firework shoots at Campbell University on September 1st/October 1st/October 8th/October 15th/and November 12th. These displays are proposed for 9:00p.m. Pyro Shows East Coast meets all requirements and has met fire code compliance for the events.
Next, Commissioners presented a proclamation to Tucker Ryan Coombs, honoring him for his recent appointment to the United States Senate Page Program. Tucker was appointed by Senator Richard Burr and will attend the Page program this Fall.
Commissioners then opened a public comment period for citizens to address the Board. There was one citizen to provide remarks on various topics.
Following the public comment period, Alvin McArtan provided a presentation for the Sandhills Antique Farm Equipment Club’s annual report.
Next, Commissioners opened a public hearing regarding proposed zoning change at the intersection of Matthews Road and Tripp Road in the Neill’s Creek Township. There were three citizens to provide remarks. Commissioners voted to approve this zoning change.
Commissioners opened a second public hearing for a proposed land use map amendment from agricultural and rural residential to medium density residential use in the Barbecue Township. There were three citizens to provide remarks. Commissioners voted 3 to 1 to close the public hearing and defer consideration of this land use map amendment to a future meeting.
Last, County Manager Brent Trout then provided his County Manager’s report, which included the Veterans Services activity report, Department of Public Health activities summary, and interdepartmental budget amendments.
The next Harnett County Board of Commissioners regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 6 at 9:00 AM. You can watch the meeting in full by visiting Harnett County Government’s youtube channel or the Commissioners webpage at harnett.org/boc.