Hurricane Florence Announcements for Harnett County

Harnett County,
North Carolina

Solid Waste 


Harnett County Solid Waste is reponsible for the management and day-to-day operation of the landfills/transfer stations located in the county.

Check out our calendar link for holiday closures.


Important Announcements
Harnett County Solid Waste to Host Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event October 20 at Anderson Creek Landfill

Harnett County Solid Waste will sponsor a one-day Household Hazardous WasteCollection Event Saturday, October 20, 2018, from 8 a.m. until noon at the Anderson Creek Landfill at 1086 Poplar Drive, Anderson Creek. This event is held in cooperation with the Harnett County Center of the NC Cooperative Extension and the NCDA & CS Pesticide Disposal Assistance Program.

In addition to household hazardous waste, agricultural and home pesticides and herbicides will be collected. Items that will be collected include automotive products, fertilizers, oil-based paints and stains, solvents and cleaners, items containing mercury (including fluorescent bulbs), electronics and batteries. Residents should label any containers without original labels and bring materials in non-leaking containers. Latex paint will be accepted at this event, however latex paint is non-hazardous and may be disposed of with regular trash as long as it is dried and hardened. Cat litter can be used to help dry and harden latex paint.

This event is intended for residential collection only. No commercial waste will be accepted.

For more information, contact Harnett County Solid Waste at (910) 814-6156.

How to Claim Your Solid Waste Sticker

Solid Waste stickers can be obtained at both landfills, Dunn-Erwin and Anderson Creek, and at all four convenience center sites. To obtain a sticker, please show proof of Harnett County residency. Acceptable proof of Harnett County residency would be a driver's license, a vehicle registration card, tax bill, water and/or power bills (a physical Harnett County address must be shown).

For questions, please call the Solid Waste Department at 910-814-6156.

Board of Commissioners
GIS Portal
Register of Deeds Search
Employee Information