The Public Information Office, a division under the County Manager’s Office, oversees the communications, marketing, and community relations efforts between the county and our citizens. Our goal is to keep citizens connected with frequent and reliable updates on news and information. You’re invited to engage with the county by participating in events, attending community input sessions, providing feedback on county initiatives and programs, and reporting any issues or concerns.
Internal and External Communications
* Create monthly employee newsletter, Harnett Connect, and citizen newsletter
* Write and distribute news releases and media advisories
* Serve as a liaison to media requests
Marketing and Branding
* Manage county brand guidelines
* Develop content for county social media pages
* Create county-wide marketing and communications plans
* Serve as a liaison to citizens
* Provide opportunities to engage citizens in county initiatives, programs, events, and services
* Facilitate community input sessions
Effective March 19, 2020, Harnett County officials closed public access to Harnett County Government Office Buildings due to COVID-19. Public Information staff will continue to offer services and provide support to citizens by phone (910-814-6001) and email.
Please visit Harnett County’s COVID-19 webpage for the latest information from the NC DHHS and the CDC.