New Harnett County DSS Satellite Office at the old Benhaven School! Apply for Food & Nutrition Services and Medicaid every Thursday from 8:30-5.
The mission of Harnett County Department of Social Services is to provide services to individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency, safety, and improve their quality of life. Our goal is to improve the quality of life for the citizens of our county by providing services that are outcome focused and cost effective. The programs of our agency are vast and touch the lives of many families within our communities.
Popular ResourcesView All
Related LinksView All
- CPS reports can be made 24/7
- Reports can be made by phone or in person
- You can make a report in person by visiting 311 W. Cornelius Harnett Blvd., Lillington, NC 27546 during regular business hours (8 – 5 pm Monday – Friday)
- You can make a report by phone during regular business hours (8 – 5 pm Monday – Friday) by calling 910-814-6662
- After regular business hours, weekends, or holidays, call 910-893-9111. This is the non-emergency phone number for the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office. Please ask to speak to the on-call social worker.
- They will take down your name and number, and the on-call social worker will give you a call back to take your report.
- Please do not leave a report on a voicemail or by email. If you reach a voicemail, please leave a message with your name and phone number, and we will give you a callback to take your report.
- If you are someone that works for CPS in another county or state and have a question about requesting a courtesy visit or obtaining CPS history on a family, please call intake at 910-814-6662.
Apply online using epass, click Here. You may need to create an account first.
Apply in person at your Department of Social Services (DSS) office.
Fill out as much of the paper application as possible ahead of time and take your documents with you.
Note: You can also drop off an application at the DSS office.
Apply by mail. Fill out a paper application and mail it to your local county DSS office.
To make an APS report call the DSS Adult Services Intake at 910-814-6640, Monday through Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm. After hours, on weekends and holidays, please call 910-893-9111 and ask for the on call social worker.
Name and address of disabled adult,
Name and address of disabled adult’s caretaker,
Age of the disabled adult,
Nature and extent of the disabled adult’s injury or condition resulting from the abuse, neglect, or exploitation
Any other information you feel is important
Administration / Legal 910-912-1358
Adult Medicaid 910-912-1518
Adult Services / Daycare / Energy / WFFA 910-912-1628
Child Support / Program Integrity 910-912-1685
Child Protective Services / Placement / Adoption 910-912-1661
Family & Children's Medicaid 910-912-1741
Food & Nutrition Services 910-912-1853