We need volunteers like you! Come be part of the tradition, excitement, and serve your community by becoming a volunteer firefighter.
Do you know what you can burn and what you cannot burn? Click here for more information.
Help us reduce deaths caused by fire by getting a smoke alarm installed in your home. We can help you get it installed by clicking here.
Popular ResourcesView All
Related LinksView All
Leaves, branches and other plant growth can be burned under certain conditions. The rule of thumb is "if it doesn't grow, don't burn it." North Carolina law prohibits burning trash and non-vegetative materials.
North Carolina law prohibits burning trash and non-vegetative materials. Do not burn:
- Metal, including wire
- Newspaper, cardboard or paper
- Untreated dimensional lumber
- Tires and other rubber products
- Heavy oils
- Asphalt shingles
- Paints and household or agricultural chemicals
- Buildings, including outbuildings and mobile homes
- Any man-made, artificial or synthetic items