Look what’s New for Harnett County WIC! Starting April 2, 2018, Harnett County WIC will begin a new option for low risk clients to complete their required nutrition education. Low risk clients will be able to complete some of their nutrition education online. Not only is this process convenient, it’s easy and fun.
Once you completes the nutrition lesson and emails your certificate of completion to WIC, Local WIC staff will be able to load their benefits to their Electronic Benefit Account with no need for the client to come to the local WIC office.
Clients will be able to access their benefit App or call customer service to verify their account is loaded. Once loaded, the client will be able to visit local WIC Approved stores and use their eWIC card to purchase their WIC Approved foods.
For WIC clients who have selected and scheduled to complete the nutrition education online will need to follow these quick and easy steps to get started:
Go to wichealth.org. (Click on the link)
- Sign up and complete your profile. Make sure to include your WIC Family ID number so your account can be matched to your WIC account.
- Click “Start a New Lesson” on your dashboard.
- Choose a lesson from one of 5 categories.
- Complete the lesson. The lesson should be completed 2 weeks prior to your online scheduled WIC appt date.
- Complete and Submit the survey. Submitting the survey will email the certificate to the WIC office. Within 1 week, your benefits will be loaded to your eWIC benefit account.
For more information: Harnett County Health Department--WIC Office: 910-893-7570